End of my Frolic Hiatus

I am glad I put Frolic aside this week and just did some simple block sewing.  First, to keep up with RSC 2020 I kitted up and made the centers of two framed crumb stars.




There is a problem with the one on the right, but I am not going to fix it. Somehow, I used two different black on white prints in this block unintentionally. I think I will leave it as is, and assume it will be less obvious after it's quilted.

On Valentine's Day I finished a little oversized mug rug project. It's in yesterday's post.

Earlier in the week I made a #bushfireblocks block for The Joyful Quilter to send along to Australia. Not too late to join that effort. Joy has the details posted here. I think that batik has been languishing in my stash for more than 20 years.


I also worked on blocks for the current Covered in Love block drive.  I wish I could make more, but I am running out of long strings for these 12.5" blocks. I think this approach would also be fun as an 8" block. I made two of these blocks this week for a total of 6.


Also from the goodies of the string bins, I completed 9 more Crooked Courthouse Steps blocks.




Whew, that's a lot of progress from me. I hope I can keep this momentum going. But this week I need to get Frolic borders under the needle.

Artwise, I have been keeping up with the sketchaday prompts and even worked quilting into yesterday's prompt "echo"




Unfortunately, my tax advisor and I will have to get back to work on the returns, as I think the last of our 1099s has posted today. I wish I could claim him as a dependent though!














Comments

  1. Good luck on your Frolic, whenever you get back to it. Several friends of mine followed along with a few finishes. They said this one was certainly challenging! I love your Wonky Star blocks. The different backgrounds on the one isn't even noticeable even after you pointed it out. Besides, it adds to the wonkiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! I think this will be the last full size quiltville mystery I make. I am afraid she will try to outdo herself next year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out (and for making that lovely Tree block!) I know Kat is going to be thrilled to receive your String blocks, too. I am SEW looking forward to seeing the frames for those Crumb Stars in ORANGE for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!