Back in the Quiltorium

 After a long hiatus, I have decided to start using this blog again, and use my wordpress blog for my art endeavors. I had been including quilting updates there from time to time, but analyzing my traffic, I see that it's mostly from the art community. Not to say that my art efforts are achieving any great heights. It's a hobby, just like this one.

I think I had to stop using this blog because I felt like there was so much activity in the quilt blogging world that it was overload for me, and it made me feel badly when my creative muse was pulling me in other nonquilty directions. 

I may not blog daily on either blog going forward, but I will be linking posts from one platform to the other in case anyone is interested in my other goings on from either the quiltworld or the art world. Here are some of the quilty things I have been up to. I occasionally make some blocks for CoveredinLove monthly block drives.

I think these were blocks called Framed Crumb Stars that I made while doing the rainbow scrap challenge a few years ago. 
And there is always a lot of Bonnie Hunter stuff going on in my quiltorium, at a leisurely pace. 
I don't remember where these blocks ended up, perhaps they are still in my orphan block box.

I am working on a nineblock Chilhowie Quilt, having completed Clue 6 and cut what I need for Clue 7.

I have Bitcoin and Kismet ready to sandwich, and a few other more recent patterns in the early stages. I need to put the borders on a queen sized scrap crystals.

I started a Temperature Quilt this year for the first time. It gets me into the quiltorium to make that one flying gees block from yesterday's temperatures, and I manage to get a little more done if the cat allows me in the morning. 

I spent most of January doing the Just Get it Done Quilts decluttering challenge, and the room looks much more inviting now. I am finally feeling like my stash is going down. I make as many charity quilts as I can manage. Last year I think it was 10 or 12. 

In 2021 I had a total left knee transplant so that took a while to get over. I have had a couple of cardiac scares that turned out to be nothing significant. I have only one old cat in the quiltorium, but he is old and can be counted on to nap a lot and let me do my thing. 

So, if you remember me, or are new to this blog, I would love it if you would say hello in the comments. If you are interested enough to take a peek at the rest of my life it's over on my other blog


Comments

  1. Hi! I do remember you, pre-pandemic. Your pieces and parts are interesting, welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!