I just don't know where this post is going

Worries everywhere, heartache everywhere,and now the violence is spreading out of the major cities. We have a protest scheduled right near us on Sunday. I worry about fires, I worry about the woodland habitat that they could set on fire spreading to our house, I worry about people who are armed and itching for a fight, I worry that we will be getting sick from worry. I worry about my son who lives in Manhattan. I don't know what good these protests are doing at this point, because the victim's family is begging the violence to end.

I have a headache, my stomach is in knots, and these next few days will be very tough. I am trying to paint, but I keep looking for news updates. Here is what I have so far.

First session.

Second Session

I guess I could have made the shadows on the snow a bit darker, but I think that is still fixable. Also the edges of the doc need to be clarified somehow, so I think I will make the water bluer, which will be harder at this point.  First washes too light. Oh Well.

It was a useful diversion from all the worries. Here's to a better tomorrow. I see NYC has gone with an earlier curfew tonight, I hope it works.

Comments