Scattered energy

Necessary pink progress for RSC2020

This will be a tough month to get through, as I don't have a lot of pink scraps. Maybe in my precut strips I can find enough to do a baby quilt for donation. We shall see.

I had a request from upstate family for some masks so that was my only other sewing this week.



Situation is still very tense here. Yard intruders a few days back....protest scheduled within walking distance for tomorrow may or may not bring violence or vandalism nearby. We have not been sleeping well. I have spent far too much time trying to dig up news on the intent of this out of town protest organizer.

I started a new painting, and hope to get back to it today. I am missing the cool days of winter, it seems!


I nearly abandoned sketch a day, but have made it to 301 consecutive days, I hope to make a year and then back off a bit.

Fort

 Empty--so many empty looted stores.....



Degree....shhhh it was his high school photo that I sketched. Doesn't nearly look as handsome as my younger son.
Those were the only sketches worth sharing.


Over on Redbubble, I posted two new designs.
The Road Beckons from a digitally enhanced watercolor of mine




Comments

  1. Ugh on the protests being so close. We live in the sticks where we can't get natural gas or cable tv, but we are still effected by protests in our small towns. I am choosing to not leave the house until at least early next week. I can't even get to our library branches that are open. (Many libraries remain closed.) The protests are not hostile yet here, but people are just laying down in the streets and stopping traffic for hours. I have supplies to last at least a month. My husband and I are both out of work. We can be busy for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived in a more rural area! Stay safe Kathy!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your comments on my blog, Jo. I really wish you could/would fix your no reply status! I like to respond to each comment personally.

    Glad you got your PINK blocks done for the RSC!! I'm impressed that you've kept up with the daily sketch. I don't know that I could do that! Hoping no harm comes to you or your property in the midst of the civil unrest. Protesting is one thing, but the corresponding vandalism is simply uncalled for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need at all to respond to my comments Joy. I try to keep a low profile online and have concerns about email scrapers. I see occasional spikes in traffic from the ukraine and romania. They may be scraping for emails in blogger comments. I am not sure. The whole controversy over no reply is going to make me stop commenting and move any blogging over to wordpress. Thats not a decision I am going to make in the midst of this stress.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!