Baby Quilts

Gave away this one when I met my cousin's new grandbaby this weekend.  I got the idea for the greens when having lunch outside on one of the first glorious days of spring, after the brutal winter of 2014-15. I was so overjoyed to see the green on the trees dancing in the light breeze of a sunny day.  Same leaves that you can see in the last post!


The pattern is called Arkansas crossroads. Trying to link this to a link party over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.    

Quilting is more fun than Housework



 And for a baby boy on the way in December, I am working on this today. It's basted and marked and ready to get machine-quilted. I will use straight stitching with a walking foot, nothing fancy.  Found something similar via Pinterest on a blog called Whiskers and Wool. (must be a kindred spirit....) I like her softer colors better, but this one is turning out fine.  I've been making my baby quilts borderless and square lately, I figure you can always use one more quilt to lay on the floor for a play area.


You can follow my Quilting pinboard here  where I have this and other quilty pins saved.  

Comments