Took a Minor Tumble Today

A foggy morning and the light was bad for photography when we walked. Coming out of the greenbelt trail, I stepped into a small hole and went down sideways across the curb into the street.  I should have been more attentive, since I nearly fell into the same hole yesterday.  Was able to complete the rest of my walk, maybe another mile, but as the day wore on, I could feel the stiffness set in. I landed sideways, so my hip, shoulder and elbow took the worst of it, but my ribcage was jostled enough that there is a lot of ache on that side of my torso as well.

I managed to get a little quilt piecing and a little tidying up done in the quiltorium, but gave up after lunch and sat and crocheted for a while in front of the TV. Digging through the archives, here are a few more quilt photos. The first is a small wallhanging that I made with a specialty twist ruler. Can't remember the name of the technique, if you know, please leave a comment and clue me in.


Next up is Bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday mystery from a few years back. Yet to be quilted. 

 And this is a machine quilting sampler that I made using some old nine patch swap blocks from years ago.  From an online group called the Beehive and a group that preceded that one. We've been online quilting friends for a long time now. I worked on the Lazy Sunday top, above at one of our yearly get togethers, in Shipshewana. Can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014.


Comments