Quilty Christmas stuff through the decades

After my morning walk, I buckled down and did some more decorating. So many of the ornaments for our humble tree were gifts from talented crafty friends, and they are the things I treasure most.

I can't even begin to date some of the quilty things I've made myself over the years, some of them must be at least 20-30 years old at this point. You can just tell from the fabric on the largest candle mat that it is an oldie.  The smaller machine embroidered mat must date from the early 2000's when I got my embroidery machine.  The mugrug and smaller blue and red mat were made in the last few years. I know I used my Accuquilt Go! to cut out the little trees for the mugrugs.

 Just another reminder of the swiftly passing years.


Next up is a very old paper-pieced project, I bet many other quilters have made one of these.  Can't remember the pattern source. 


Just added more stuff to my quilts page, take a look!

Comments