I had a couple of mishaps in the sewing room this week. First, my pinpoint oiler that I use to lubricate all my machines periodically split in my hand. I had to order a new one. I got a two pack, because my featherweight is in a different room from the rest of my machines most of the time.
Then, when I was reloading a bobbin for my 301 to finish Allietare, the bobbin thread would not feed. I took it out and put it in several times. I took the plate off, dusted, etc., reseated it properly and no go! I was in a panic. I love that machine! She's a beauty, you must agree.
Here are some closeups showing my border fabric and backing fabric for allietare. I know, I said I would start basting, but I need for someone (he knows who he is) to clear off the big tables I like to use for quilt basting.
The golds are kind of washed out on this photo, but I like the two pindot patterns next to each other.
My backing is rather plain. I usually don't spend big bucks on backing. This is a cobblestone fabric, I think it's appropriate for something Italian.
Waiting for the big storm to hit the east coast in a few days. That means I'll be hauling more groceries in tomorrow, for sure.