Afghan done

I finished it this morning. It drapes very well after a wash and tumble dry. Acrylic yarn gets a bad rap, but it is durable and washable. The blanket looked stiff and lumpy as I made it, but it relaxed and feels cuddly now. Hopefully it will help a dear old woman rest and heal from her fall.
 The pattern is from a Leisure Arts booklet I picked up second hand. It's no longer in print. The title was So Pretty Pineapples #3116 by Anne Halliday.

In other news, spring has sprung here. The other day I washed the floors and opened the windows and the house just felt so fresh. Birds are everywhere, crocuses blooming, and the briary undergrowth in our woods is turning green as the sap rises. We noticed the big ugly noses of the skunk cabbages poking up in the marshy areas of our woodland walk today. Tomorrow promises to be warm as well. I like early spring before it gets too hot and buggy.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!