I am late for leap year.....

A while back (must have been the end of February, huh) I noticed Bonnie Hunter doing these cute scrappy basket blocks. I was in denial about having to clean the sewing room. It's scary in there folks.
I will post an after shot, I promise. I don't have a lot of room, and that darned queensize bed is hogging too much space. I have my star struck scrappy quilt on it, with a sheet over that to protect it from all the stuff that lands there. On the L shaped desk, I keep my ovation serger, one of my two bernina machines, and my singer 301. When I quilt something, I move my bernina aurora to a different table in our bedroom.

Anyway, back to the subject. To preward myself for even wanting to clean, I made one of the scrappy basket blocks so I can figure out the dimensions. I don't have the Quiltmaker issue from 2011 that published the pattern. I think I have it now, and can start kitting up the pieces after I clean. I also need to find my 6.5" ruler in all that mess.

Note to self: punch up the colors a bit, use some red and orange maybe?

I feel like I should tie a rope to my ankle so they can pull me out in case a pile topples on me while I struggle with things. So if you don't hear from me this weekend, I'm still stuck in that disaster of a room.

Comments