Piecing done, but.....

The mistake in my last post only took about 15 minutes to repair, I don't know why I get so frustrated by things like that.

I have finished piecing, but I am a little concerned about getting it to lay flat. I think the corners on the right side may need to be replaced. I will measure it and see how far things are off. I'm not sure if I want to do an outer border, so I will put this aside for a while.

I was able to fix that block I didn't like, by partially disassembling it and then swapping in a different large triangle and putting it all back together again.  


Time to tidy up a bit, and maybe do some handwork before finalizing the chicken teriyaki that is bubbling away in the crockpot. 

So what do you think? more borders or no? I would like it to hang either over a sofa or in my kitchen, so I don't want it to get much bigger.  





Comments

  1. I'd vote for stopping here. If you were to add anything, then just a narrow border of the same fabric in the setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like one border, agree with Moira, narrow. The baskets look like they need to be stopped before they fall off the edge? Maybe its the angle? LOL
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can go either way and it will be fine. Here in TN, we don't do borders as much as some parts of the country, and I'm finding I like a lot of things just finished without one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a lot of great input here and on my favorite quilting mailing list, I am going to do several things:

    Put higher contrast cornerstones around the perimeter. Add a narrow border in the same fabric as the setting triangles.

    I am definitely moving away from my 80s preferences of a narrow inner border followed by a 6" outer border, and making more projects with no border or some pieced borders, but not on this one, it's too busy already for a pieced border.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!