I have been muddling along on a small hexie project, but I decided I wanted to square it off and make a small wallhanging out of it. My last hexie project with the larger hexagons was something I let evolve. I am not too happy with the results, so I will put it aside for a while.
I got this far on my little project. It looks like a happy little wreath. I will probably applique a bow on it, or....something....
Quilt Assistant and planned out the rest of a design for a rectangular Christmas project, and now I can proceed with a plan in hand. I may sit in front of my big-screen monitor and catch some of Bonnie's QuiltCam while I baste a ton of small hexagons. Don't mind the funky colors in the light sections, it helps me mark off what I have pieced together into what I call my subassemblies. Once an engineer, always an engineer!
In conclusion, I have to admit that it's better to plan things out at some point. I am not enough of a free spirit creative type to just let these hexagon adventures happen in a totally liberated way.