this and that

Today was supposed to be quilting group day, but I drove there and the police had the road blocked off from both directions. Didn't know how long that would last, so I drove home. Have stuff to do today around the homestead anyway, although I do miss seeing the quilting group.

Scraps seem to exist in all forms....precut strips and squares from the scrap savers system, strings, crumbs and leftover pieced strips from old nine patch swaps. Many years ago when I did nine patch swaps, I guess July was patriotic themed, so I had some long strips leftover of flag fabric and Wow. I would come across them and say, oh, someday I will use those for something. Well, today, I took care of that.It's simple, it's finished, and it's in time for Independence Day.

Now, the last time I became enamored of something Bonnie Hunter was up to--before I saw her finished quilt, I jumped in. And I ended up doing my own layout, and I love it! It dresses up a bare wall in our kitchen.

Fast forward to now. She's been doing those garlic knot blocks. I think hers are 6" blocks. I have these bursting bins of 1.5" strips with no plan in mind, so I am going to make a bunch in 4" size. Portion controlled garlicknots! Here is the first one, which I pieced before I saw her great instructions. the next batch will be done the easy, Bonnie-approved way, which she demonstrates in this quiltcam episode, as well as several of the May episodes.


Comments