Purging and rewarding

I spent the morning bagging excess clothing, shoes, etc from various locations and hauling it to the donation drop off. Then I decided I would make a goodwill run and loaded my trunk up with excess housewares, knick knacks and a few small kitchen appliances that were taking up precious cupboard space. Had to stop in at my LQS for a treat and picked up some FQs. The one on the right just screams to be fussy-cut for some inklingo design, and the rest are going to be on hold for Straits of Mackinac blocks (scroll down Bonnie's post).

I have some square in square blocks for the centers already pieced, although the four corners are all the same. But I think it will work, there is enough happening elsewhere in this block to keep it lively, don't you think?

I may only use a few of these, the ones that are kinda greenish blue, not the powdery sky blue ones, they are for something else.....

I have scoped out another goodwill donation site that is strategically located between my house and the quilting bee....so I am going to find some more trinkets in my bedroom to drop off tomorrow......

Comments

Louise said…
Out with the trinkets, in with the fabric! Sounds like an ideal balance to me :)