Not much sewing

Been mostly about crochet these days....

1. Making a call the midwife baby blanket, barely past the cast on there. Love that show, with the glimpses of handmade baby layettes from bygone years. Loved the books too. My youngest was delivered by a hospital based midwife, almost 30 years ago!

2. Making a corner to corner blanket (charity project) with some variegated yarn in the stash.

3. Started making a couple of twiddlemuffs, we were asked about whether we wanted to support a local nursing home with these last week at the crochet group I started attending at the senior center.I remember my dad's fidgety hands when he was in the later stages of dementia, so this seems like a great project.

4. And the COTDN hand quilting is becoming the project that ate my summer. I will try to work on that a bit tonight.

In other noncrafty news, I have lost nine pounds in the last month. Tracking everything over on www.sparkpeople.com. Still a lot to lose, but it's nice to be fitting back into my clothes again. I may not have to spend the entire winter in stretchy pants.



Comments