These Dog Days of Summer

The heat, humidity, and biting mosquitoes continue on. But I have been logging over 15000 steps a day thanks to recent rerouting of my morning walk.

But today, I was fatigued and demotivated after showering. I started digging out the quiltorium before lunch and decided it has to be a multi-day effort. I wanted something to show for my time so I made myself a little cross body bag.

I think it's a good alternative to my usual oversized tote or my regular purses for quick trips to the store and such.  Need to photograph it against a less busy background, but it was made from two hunks of well-marinated batik stash, these fabrics must be 20 years old by now!

As usual I was flailing a bit when I got started. My serger seemed to have a tension issue, so I pulled out the manual for troubleshooting guidance. It's a babylock evolution, supposed to be self tensioning for the most part.   Well there it was in black and white, I had not reset the little ABCD stitch indicator knob to A.  It was on B when I was doing a narrow overlock at some point, I can't even remember what project that was for.

With that issue resolved, I can now take in some t-shirts a bit, since I am starting to lose a few of the many pounds of stress weight I gained over the last year.

Rain is  in the forecast, thank goodness. I am tired of watering my struggling garden beds.

Comments

  1. I love the phrase "well marinated" for long time stash residents! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!