Tropics on my mind

Hot, sticky Long Island July, not my favorite month.

The only good thing is the wild raspberries, which I am plucking by the handful along my morning walk. They are so tender you can only eat them as soon as you pick them, or they turn to mush before you get them home. My other strategy this morning was to soak my bandana in people's sprinklers and mop my head and neck every block or so once we were on the neighborhood part of our walk, after the gnat-filled splendor of the trails.

But there are also deer, and lots of rabbits, an occasional turtle or waterfowl sighting to keep us motivated.

Tropics being the theme of the day, I forced myself into the quiltorium and made this this afternoon.

Patterns like this are showing up everywhere, with variations using all HSTs or such.  But I needed a break from the handquilting.

Stay cool folks, wherever you are!  I am avoiding the sun and the heat after the morning outings.

Comments