And sew it begins again.....

I'll admit it. I have been in a quilting lull the past month or so, except for the project that is eating my summer. The reasons are many:


  • Taking more time to exercise every day
  • Joining some new activities (crochet and art groups) that have taken hold of my craft attention deficit disorder and eaten up a lot of time that normally goes toward quilting. I'm ok with that though.
  • The sheer messiness of the quiltorium
The quiltorium consists of a bedroom and a walkin closet. The walkin closet has much of my stash, plus supplies from other crafts. Not yarn, that gets squirreled away in a downstairs closet.  The closet is also known as my hobbit house, because I am the only one in the family short enough to use the space effectively. It contains some built in shelves under the front eave of the roofline, a stack of two formica dressers from my mother in law's house, and two drafting tables, plus bins of stuff. I 
attacked the closet first, and threw out several bags of "stuff" -- old patterns, yucky fabric, old magazines, small bits of batting, etc. 



Now the drafting tables can be used for both my alto quiltcut and my accuquilt, and I was able to store more stuff on the shelves. An afternoon well spent.

Today I attacked the main worktable, where I do my ruler cutting, and the L-shaped desk on which my 301 and serger reside. 

It's never going to make the pinterest list of most beautiful sewing rooms, but I am grateful to have this private space for my sewing. All I need is my phone and pandora for some music, my coffee and water bottle, and I am good to go.  If Bonnie comes to find me, she usually just curls up quietly out of the way, but Clyde sometimes comes in when he feels I owe him a meal, and he makes a major pest of himself.  

Yay! I feel motivated again. Got my leaders and enders in order this evening, so I can do a little piecing every day--then we will all agree that I am still a quilter!

Comments