Twiddle progress

My strategy started out as  doing these twiddlemuffs in batches: crochet the tubes first (which are two layers) and then embellish each batch.  I finished my first three, but it was a few hours of sewing.  The good news is that this project uses up many odd bits of things that I have collected over decades of crafting: yarn remnants, buttons, ribbons, trims, beads, etc.

In case you don't know what a twiddlemuff is, it is similar to a fidget quilt, but it also provides a warm tube for cold hands. We put twiddly things on the inside too.

Anyway, I think I will do them one at a time from now on.  This felt like a huge unfinished mess until I got them done last night, and I have two other crochet projects on hooks right now. I need to fight my tendency toward project proliferation.

I went to my lqs to pick up my Bernina Aurora which had gone in for a little tuneup, and did some minor stash enhancement. A scrap quilter can always use some new neutrals, and with the leaves hinting at fall around here already, I couldn't resist buying the little embroidery project.

Now, off to stitch some fun.

Comments

  1. Sometimes batching things together is efficient, and sometimes it's just overwhelming. Your twiddlemuffs are neat projects, though. I really like the idea of helping keep hands warm as well as occupied.

    Great little group of neutrals for the stash! Those would have called me in the shop, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!