Good progress so far this week

Was at my weekly laid back do your own thing quilting group (the best kind!) today and happily stitched away while we chatted and laughed and ate. I am ready to start joining my first big rosette to the other ones.

It will layout somewhat like this.  My plan is to put the (mostly purple and lavender) joining pieces onto the small rosette arc first than stitch the big rosette into that. Finally the outer star ring goes on from about the 1 o'clock position down to the 6 o'clock position. Make sense?



While tidying up my office this weekend, I came across two of these nifty plastic boxes and repurposed one of them to hold a small piecing kit.  I'm all about downsizing the tote bags that I take to my various fun retired lady meetings, so this made sense for now.  Can you guess what its original purpose was? It is about 5.5" square and 1.75" high.....





Comments