Salvaged a languishing project

You may or may not remember where this poor project was stalled. The genesis was Bonnie Hunter's Pfefferneuse pattern. But I didn't like the giant cream and brown pinwheels so I played with the few blocks I made and did this. Foolishly I tore the papers off those string pieced cream and brown squares, and the outer edge was all wonky when I laid it out flat to ponder my next move. I serged the edges with differential feed, and then figured I could ease the blocks into a border that was made on a 6.5" grid so that I could match seams and distribute the fullness evenly. Today I sewed that strategy together, with the brown edges down so that the feed dogs could help ease that layer in.

Yippee, it lays fairly flat now. I will search for a Christmasy outer border fabric tomorrow. It will make a nice holiday sofa throw.

Comments

  1. It looks wonderful! And no one will ever know that one round gave you such fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece! I like all the scrappy hourglass squares :) Glad it's finally cooperating with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!