Toiling away

Got in some stitching time today after a walk, a few hours of freelancing and a trip to Aldi's.

Hand sewing is so hard to do with my glasses on. All these tiny pieces and tiny stitches. But after I finish the first big rosette, I will really feel like this project is cranking along.I am stitching at a little cleared space on my main sewing desk. You can see my unofficial color it in as you go map in this photo. It's not an official creation of Willyne Hammerstein, but I found it by doing a google image search on La Passacaglia. I got in a wee bit of trouble for posting it on the official La Passacaglia facebook group. You know how groups can be.

So here is where I am at:

I have the stars assembled in pairs. Usually I would assemble and stitch that ring to the large hexagons  as my next step. But I am extending these paired stars one ring outward first. If that approach works out well, I will do it for the other large rosettes (thank goodness there are only three of them! 

I have been printing the hexagons so I can rotary cut them in stacks, as Linda shows on her blog. It works well, today I did the final cuts on stacks of four and they turned out fine.



Comments