It's been a good week

I finished two rosettes but haven't stitched them on to the others yet.
I have almost closed the circle on my first big rosette. It' getting exciting now.

I found this fabric in my stash and it screamed out for fussy cutting.

Problem:  I only had a small swatch and the paisley shapes are not always sitting against the same background. I had to go pawing through other stash locations, and was lucky enough to find two strips in my 2.5" strip bin. I use Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User System, especially on my older yardage.

Before proceeding, I had to stitch up the center to see if it would work.

Not perfect, but close enough, although I see at least one seam I might re-do.

I have the rest of my shapes printed so I can get to work on this on Tuesday. Tomorrow we have a few things to do at my mom's house before the building inspector comes. It may be my last time there, and I'm not sure how I'll feel closing the door on my childhood home, the home my mom loved, and in which she breathed her last. I'll just thank it for giving us a good start in life, I guess.

I've gotten some other stuff done this week as well.

Charity crochet:

A premie blanket and hat for Bella's Babies.

It needs to be blocked, but I know she washes everything before bagging, so I'll leave it as is.

For donation to a holiday bazaar, I've been cranking out mug wraps and started one of what may be a pile of ear warmers.

Just have to put the buttons on the mug wrappers. They can go on ceramic mugs, travel mugs or a purchased cup of coffee.

Well, here's to another productive week. We have a lot of rain on the schedule which means a delay in bringing in the leaf harvest, which is going to start claiming some of my attention soon.


Comments

  1. That paisley! It's really appealing and your fussy cutting looks great. Like a fancy starfish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!