Rolling along

Making good progress thus far this week:



I just have to hook the center in to the star band tomorrow.   

One of my problems with the setting in of acute angles is that the act of pinning tends to want to scoot one of the layers up or down. So now i use a wonder clip in the corner, after I proof the match point by pinning straight through it. I just hold it still with my fingers before I put a clamp on it.

IT doesn't consistently feel like Autumn here yet. We still can go out in shirtsleeves and it's still a bit humid.   But it's starting to look like Fall. I love it when the trees at the end of our road turn this color!


Comments

  1. You're getting some great fussy cutting effects! Have you tried using a fine sharp as your pin rather than a pin? I use a #12 sharp to sew with and as my pin and it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some pins I thought were thin enough. I have shied away from using the sharps because they are hard to find when dropped. I wonder if I put a dab of hot glue on the eyes if that would help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!