Scattered Attention

I sometimes feel that I lack crafting stamina and focus.  I flit from project to project, making incremental progress on each. Then I feel frustrated for my lack of finished projects. I don't know if I even want to develop more discipline about this. If I turn any of my hobbies from fun into an onerous chore, I may feel worse. I shall have to satisfy myself with pushing the ball forward on each of my current WIPs:

This week I am working on two easy rosettes for La Passacaglia. Easy because they only have four of the stars in the outer ring.  One is done, as of this morning. It certainly expands the color palette away from pure primary and secondary hues.

I finished the star band for the second one:

So it should feel less burdensome to get the rest of the rosette done.

I also finished and put the borders on my embroidery. Maybe will get it quilted tomorrow.

I tried to piece a backing for this:

But it wasn't working out well, so I ordered a backing and will pick up a batt tomorrow. My pieced batting attempt was also a bit wavy. Sometimes I am just too frugal for my own good!

In the charity corner, I have lots of knitting and crocheting to do: Premie blanket almost done. Making mug sleeves for a holiday bazaar for local school kids. They come with their shopping list, and we provide handmade stuff selling for under $5. The high school kids take them around and wrap the gifts for them.

Well, now that I've written it all down, I feel more like I have had a productive day. Maybe there will be a finish or two within the next week!

Comments

  1. I predict that everything will finish at once! That's what seems to happen when you have lots of projects going simultaneously. It does sound like a productive day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!