Spicy rosette is done

I really hate the star ring. It worries me that I might lose interest in finishing because of those stars...

But here's what I finished today. I think the scale on the big peppers is too large, but I'll live with it.

And here's where it will go:
There are some filler pieces I need to put in, as the rosettes don't all mesh perfectly. I did one already in kona black. May stick with that to make everything pop.  

And here is the next one, which it just about kitted up to take to my bee on Tuesday.

Very hard for my camera to get the colors right with this one. It's not quite a true orange, nor is it a true pink, somewhere in between.  The green tonal in round 2 is not nearly that dark, either.  Bear in mind that the large diamonds will have far less of the cream background showing once they are pieced. But I think little pops of white and little pops of black throughout this quilt help to set off all the colors. 

Comments