Swiftly turning seasons

Hopefully, we have seen the last of our heat and humidity. I am ready for the weather to settle into the crisp clear days of fall. Even if that means it's time to bring in the oak leaf harvest, which is huge here at our house.

Today, I set another rosette into La Pass.

I should be able to get two more done next week. I am going to close the circle around the big rosette before moving off to the left side where there is another big rosette, but it's set in differently.

I forced myself to sit at my machine today and get borders on a wintery quilt.

I think I have blogged about this vexing project before. Started making blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Pfefferneuse, but hated the big brown pinwheels. I just didn't realize the scale of them in what I had wanted to be a small throw or wallhanging. Then I made the fatal error of taking the papers off the string blocks, which caused their edges to stretch. I was able to ease them in to the green inner border, and ease that some more into the wintery print with the cardinals. It will be just big enough to stretch out on the sofa with for a nap. I hope to soldier on with this and get it quilted and done, it's been scowling in a corner at me for far too long.

I need to hurry along and finish this very October into November wallhanging as well. It's just a bit of back stitch embroidery with some color added via crayons and colored pencils. I think the pumpkins took the longest and I am almost done with the branch now. I'll be back at it tomorrow, and trying to start choosing, cutting and printing for my next two rosettes. I am thinking reds and deep pinks will feature largely in them. 


Comments

  1. I like the Pfefferneuse quilt! I think it's the green border that draws me in. But I certainly understand having a quilt that just needs to be DONE and out of your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!