A jolt of speed

Nothing like approaching mystery quilt season to light a fire.

I have finished quilting my En Provence!

Just need to trim it and bind it now.

 This version was made with 2/3 the number of units of each clue and it measures at just under 70 x 70 inches. 
I managed to quilt it on my Bernina Aurora domestic (not the most spacious machine for quilting). For the first time I did it without even mounting the stitch regulator--just a darning foot. And it came out just about the same. I think the BSR has become like training wheels for me. It's not blue ribbon quality quilting by any means, but it's good enough for me. I don't enter shows.  For the first time every, there are not pleats or tucks in the back of the quilt!  Yay for that.

I thought I had suitable fabric for binding, but no. So I need to take at trip to my quilt shop tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Great job with the quilting! Pleat/pucker free is an accomplishment worth celebrating. It happens to me occasionally, I just wish I knew what I did different those times to make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why I lucked out this time either. I didn't use as many pins as last quilt I posted...but I knew that top had some waviness to tame. The quilting on this was more open too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!