Away from Computer

Here's the problem.  My android blogging app does not upload pictures right. So when I am busy and away from my laptop or chromebook, I don't blog.  Rest assured, I am still quilting and crafting away.

Busy busy busy crocheting stuff for a bazaar at the local senior center.  This week I am making cellphone wristlet cases. They bring the little kids in and high school kids take them around with a shopping list to buy their holiday gifts for their families. Nothing can be priced more than $5 so we are really donating a lot of time to make handmade stuff for them.

 Bonniecat took my hook and crocheting chair hostage the other night and that slowed me down.



I got my next rosette cut out, but haven' t had time for handwork yet this week. This one will be called "I remember Mama"

I will explain why when it's done.
I am cranking away on this UFO, it's under the needle of my Bernina and could be finished before next week. So far it's going well. I took off my training wheels, in a manner of speaking, and stopped using my bernina stitch regulator. It's been misbehaving somewhat, starting out too slowly when I have stopped to reposition fabric and want to get moving again.  It may be the sheer number of seams on the string pieced portions of this one.  I think it gave me trouble on Dawn's Early Light too.



And today we had a bit of a distraction. For most of the afternoon, this handsome boy was sitting just behind the fence of the town land that is behind our house.

Turns out he was limping when he got up late in the afternoon. I was so worried we would have to call someone to put him down, as I wouldn't want him to expire and lay there, right behind us.  Fortunately, he was up and moving a little better by dusk after a restful afternoon. Slightly bowlegged, I don't know if his shoulders got hit by a car or something. I hope he stays away from the hunters too.

In my last post I described my difficulty pinning my hand piecing. Cathy reminded me in a comment of standard inklingo handpiecing advice:  that I should use a very fine needle to pin, instead of pins, which are too thick.  Couldn't find any #10 sharps here, so I ordered one package to get me going again. One package of Hemmings #10 sharps was shipped by Amazon in a small box, with the plastic balloons to fill up the box. I took out the plastic and couldn't find the package of needles. It had slipped under the inner flaps of the box's bottom.  Don't they use padded mailers for small stuff like that?

The quiltorium cats always appreciate (fight over) a new box to sit in, so there was some value in the packaging.

Comments

  1. Did they really ship a package of needles in a box? Crazy! Very nice of you to sew up some items for the craft sale. Your zipper pouches will make a great gift from some kid to his/her mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that package was really overkill for one small package of needles!

    I am only crocheting and knitting for the bazaar, because I am only a member of the knit/crochet group and the quilters at the senior center will have their own table of sewn items. Since they don't know me, they might think I am pushing in on their turf by sewing stuff. I haven't joined their group because I don't feel like I need another day out of the house. I have knit/crochet and art class on Monday and my current quilting group is a Tuesday bee in another town. I don't want to join these local quilters on Wednesdays, as I need time to do my own thing during the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!