Some things can't be pushed

Like for example, walking too far when you have a heel spur cutting into your soft tissue.  I woke up with very little pain this morning, so I ventured off to do 1/3 of our usual morning walk. We are still on the waning side of autumn color and I have a real need to hit the trails and be out in the woods!  I didn't think i walked too far. I iced my foot when I got home. I took advil before we headed off to do our shopping in the afternoon. I think I need to let my heel heal for weeks before I try to walk again.

So I have to limit it to hobbling around the house, sometimes with crutches to keep the weight off my foot and those most necessary errands for a while. Oh yuck.  I guess I will get more crafting done, and it gives me a pass on housework?

Our little hobbling buck is back this evening. I had hoped he was able to get around, but I just don't know...when he stands, his forelegs bow out to the sides.  He seems to rest comfortably, and I think he is able to eat, although we worry about how he might be making it to any water, as he is far away from streams and rivers where he is bedded down right now. I will check the fenceline for him at first light, but this is getting worrisome. We have several lame deer in the woods, and they do seem to survive from season to season, but they only have one lame foreleg.

I did a lot of crocheting today, but did get started on my next rosette as well.

Here's to a productive tomorrow. 

Comments