Stuff is getting done here!

Yes, my productivity is ramping up at long last.

Started this rainy day with the last grocery run before the feast. Small feast, just three of us this year. I like to get in and out of the supermarket early any day, and even moreso before the crowds descend for the final shopping trip before cooking.

Then I cut out twenty thread catchers and got five of them done by lunchtime.

Pattern/tutorial is here. However, I made my pattern piece just a tad larger, making a template of a 10" equilateral triangle for a start. I was noodling around with the numbers in the morning, and my husband shook his head and said we have drafting tools for that. Just draw your base, measure it, set your compass for that length and draw an arc from each endpoint of the line. Where those arcs intersect is the apex of your triangle and all the sides are the same length.  Instructions can be found here.  Of course,we had to use a beam compass to make a triangle that large. But having a beam compass is one of the perks of having survived engineering school. I just don't remember much of what I learned so long ago!

I need to make at least 15 more of these before December 13, but I think it's do-able. I will continue to work on them in batches. Maybe sew them on one machine, and keep another machine ready to do the topstitching.

I started with my purple pile of cut triangle pairs because I still had one machine threaded up from the big finish of En Provence.  Finally done lacking only a label. Can I tell you again that there are no pleats and puckers on the back?


After that, I wrangled all the leftovers into strips and squares for the scrap bins and made sure that I have leaders and enders for the start of On Ringo Lake.  I will make sure my cutting table is clear and a new blade is in my rotary cutter before I go to bed tomorrow night.

Now, I'd better start thinking about the cooking.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!