A day for cutting

Cutting cutting and more cutting.

I got off to a great start today, did my strength workout, vacuumed up and downstairs, then began cutting for Clue 4. Got the aqua squares done before lunch. I had precut some two inch aqua strips while making Clue 1. Did not precut the brown though, so I had to rotary cut and accuquilt cut some strips before making the huge stack of triangle pairs required for this clue. But, I am happy to say I am all done.

I had to take a detour from Ringo Lake to complete some quick Christmas ornaments.  They caused a scrapsplosion of green strings--gosh I didn't know I had so many of these.

I have been cranking these folksy little gifts out. They are actually late, and I should have brought them to my bee's party this week.

Some of them need to be mailed out. No pattern, I just made a cardstock template and got to work. A little machine embroider, quick straight stitch outline and then pinked around them. I am adding hanging strings now.

I decided to save these for our bee's quarterly birthday parties.  Which means that after I send and give out the trees, I will actually be ahead of schedule for birthday gifts. That's highly unusual for me! I almost have enough of these made.



My 2018 has got to be the year of the scrap.  There are so many little bins and tins and boxes full of crumb sized pieces, and a few stacks of blocks of various sizes made from them. I really need to get through some of this stuff...or let it go.




That and making a quilt that uses up some of my greens. Those bins are overflowing right now.

How about you? Are you starting to formulate your focus for 2018 or are you still trying to finish up your holiday stuff?




Comments

  1. Love the string tree ornaments!

    As for focus for nest year - survival....lol....I know I want to continue to work on using my scraps, but don't know how that will work out with everything else that is going on for me and is in the plans for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my cutting yesterday too. My stacks look nowhere near as neat as yours, lol! Love, love those string ornaments. How very precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!