Clue 2 is in the Bag

The day got off to a slow start. Gray and damp with the last of the leaves coming down quickly. We are on the cusp of the turn from autumn to winter weather, for sure. The quiltorium cats had both piled onto our bed last night (they are great footwarmers). They returned after their breakfast to soak up the last of the lingering warmth while they took their morning nap. I guess they saw the sky and knew that patches of sunshine on the floor would not be available this morning.

It has been so long since I have been out in the woods, because of this plantar fasciitis and heel spur. I threw caution to the wind and ventured out for a half mile. I figured a boost in my mental health was worth a little physical pain. We saw one deer and I visited the resident animals at the nature preserve. It is amazing how finely tuned the deer's coat was to the background color of the tree bark. When they are still, it's possible to walk right past them.

I came home and got busy on Clue 2. Glad to say I finished it shortly after lunch. Here is a sample that includes all of the colors that I used in the coral range. They are a wide swath in hue and saturation, but that worked out well for me during last year's mystery.

Colors are a little brighter and pinker in this cameraphone shot even though I tried to fix it in the editing app.

The clue is not really in the BAG, it's in the snap tote with Clue 1.




Comments

  1. Thanks for the return visit to my blog! You asked what an ORT was...Old Ratty Thread or the dictionary definition of “ort” is something left over. For years we have saved bits of thread, fabric snips and bits. On the new moon of each month we take a picture of our ORTs and post it to our blog as a silly measure of our progress. The first year I hosted the stitch a long we had more than 200 people join in, I think that was 2010? Of course, a lot fewer are blogging nowadays. If you’re into silly stitch a logs you are welcome to join us! Grab a container and save your scraps instead of trashing them. The next new moon is Dec 18. I’ll be posting a sign up for it then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I found the definition on your She Said What? page, and felt foolish for asking. I will definitely join in, as it will be a good way to reassure myself that I am making progress on all my projects....which are many. I have yarn orts, thread orts, floss orts and snips and slivers. Quite an ORT stew.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!