Clue Progress and a True Confession

Ringo Lake Progress

 I worked hard on Clue 3 this weekend, and I got half my units done. In addition, I cut all the rest of the corals that I need to finish it, and enough neutral strips (hopefully) to make the corner triangles.  I made a cardstock template for the corals and put it under my ruler, and my accuracy has been very good in the finished blocks. Just trimming off the dog ears and a hair here and there.


True Confession

Remember the last two quilts I finished?  I have a confession:  I was hesitating to give them a good wash and dry because I was afraid of the reds and magentas bleeding. Some of those reds are old, and I don't remember where or when I bought them.

This past weekend, I got courageous and threw them into a cold wash with extra water, and five carbona color catching sheets.

YIKES!

Happy outcome though. There is no bleeding of the reds into any other fabrics.  Now I feel calmer about washing En Provence. And here is my little cutie's picture one more time. I am using this quilt to keep warm when I am in my tv watching chair during this wonderful pre-Christmas season. I actually like getting up well before dawn and enjoying the stillness while I have my coffee and oatmeal fix.



Comments

  1. Gosh, I think I hold my breath every time I wash a quilt no matter the color. I think I wouldn’t be haflf surprised to open the washer door to find a pile of threads, I’m so nervous! So glad your quilt didn’t bleed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I had to wait until there was a lull in background life stress to wash that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!