Keeping Up

With Ringo Lake, certainly not keeping up with anything else today. It was a marathon today.
I was determined to get caught up after yesterday's machine woes slowed me down.

I trimmed last night's Clue 6 progress and cut the rest of my triangles to complete the clue. After reviewing some maintenance videos, I decided to give the 221 a little more TLC than I provided it last night.  Turns out, the poor baby had been stored in a drafty walkin closet under the eaves, and the motor was both stone cold and had empty grease ports. I lubed the ports and warmed them up a bit with my blow dryer, then tried it again. It came up to a decent sewing speed, so I used it for the rest of Clue 6. Not without a mishap when my mind wandered.

Sewed the wrong side of those triangles together. Oh well, a short seam to rip out.


I was done by late morning, thinking I could use the rest of the day to clean up the quiltorium and do some chores--and perhaps do some more hand sewing.

Clue 6 required lots of trimming up (at least it did for me!). Kind of a nice abstract painting look to this blurry photo of the trimmings.


But it was done!

While having lunch, I saw someone on facebook mention Clue 7. Huh? Another clue so hard on the heels of the last one? Yes, it was true. At least there was no cutting involved.  Because it involved the rather drudgey task of chain sewing a whole big bunch of flying geese together, I swapped in my Bernina Aurora, so I could use the knee lifter between pieces. I felt like I just needed a giant lazy susan with sewing machines on it this weekend!

I was humming along. Mind wandered again, and I made the same mistake on these three right in a row. Glad it was only 3.

I took a short break just before sundown to see if any deer would scamper over onto our property. We had a crowd of seven munching the ivy yesterday evening.  But even though we saw them in the woods across the street, only this brave buck came over for a short visit.

A quick dinner and then back to work. 

Happy to announce that clue 7 is done, with minimal trimming. I'm done in and about to turn in with my kindle. 

I have a hunch Clue 8 may pop tomorrow, so I'm going to rest up.


Comments