Late to the Link-up and not done yet

I am a little bit behind due to the Saturday bazaar. More on that later. The #onringolakequilt linkup was yesterday, but I will link this post a day late.

So here's where I am. I was in a rush on Friday so I decided to do the first 100 geese with the lines drawn on the square. Those are done.


Then I decided to try the no waste method. Those are underway.
I love the way this plastic bin is JUST the right size for holding the cut pieces near the sewing machine.

Our bazaar table did well, and we made more than expected. The difficulty was that we were selling to children and they seemed more attracted to shiny glitzy things at other tables, and we had to educate them into a sale of our comparatively boring knit and crochet items. We learned a lot and will probably do better next year.

Do all the crafts! is the motto of my retirement, so I finished a watercolor today in art class.

Other than bungling the foreground, I am pleased with it overall.

We had a sweet visitor at the back of our yard today, and my husband said it would make another painting of an animal peering through the trees:

In any event, I am glad that bazaar is done, and now I can concentrate on my own stuff again. Better knock off a few more geese before supper.


Comments

  1. You made great progress! I am not done cutting yet.

    Visiting your blog through the link up on Bonnie's blog. I'm adding you to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there's a real art to selling to children! I'm glad you were able to educate a few of them into buying from your table. Presumably they were buying gifts for family members? Yeah, Mom probably doesn't want a glitter-covered thing. Now a nice set of placemats, that's another story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and welcome, Daffycat! I'll be heading over to your blog too.

    Louise, yes they were buying for family members. They arrive at the senior center with parents, and local high school volunteers scribe down their list, with names and some hints on what each recipient likes. The high school volunteers walk the kids through the bazaar, and take them to the gift wrapping table where volunteers wrap and tag for them. They rejoin their parents with gifts that can be a surprise, and then do the usual kid stuff: balloons, facepainting and snacks. It's a very nice inter-generational experience. The older folks love seeing the little kids. I gave my unsold items to some of the oldest members of our needlework group to help them with their gift-giving as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!