Late to the Linkup and a Color Dilemma

After enjoying a quiet Christmas, I was able to get Clue 5 done. I hope we can start some assembly soon, as my little stacking box set is getting maxxed out and I will have to engage alternate clue storage soon.

The brown and neutral combo seems a little ho-hum, but I am sure it will play its role well against the other brighter colors we have been working with.

I had to give things a bit of a tidying up before it all begins again on with a new clue on Friday. 

Went to my bee yesterday and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with a small group. We were unanimous in feeling that as much as we love Christmas, it's good to have all the work over with and get back to having free time to quilt!

Got the purple ring done on my second big la pass rosette and started the next ring. However, I think I will swap in a bright blue (similar to what is popping out in ring 2) for that black skinny diamond before I get much further in this ring.

The black is too close in value to the purple, don't you think?











I could also try a yellow, but I think the blue pops better next to the orange, and there is a lot of yellow in those star points already.

Comments