First Finish of 2018

Binding Done!

I have not been labeling quilts for the past few years, but I decided to see if my ancient (circa 2001) Bernina embroidery machine could crank one out for  On Ringo Lake.  I have one old laptop that still has the required serial port and some software that will generate a good label.  After updating the sytem date/time in the bios, I got the old Dell booted into Win XP, with no internet connected, and got the label created. I actually remembered how to fiddle with all the settings to get the label over to the embroidery machine. I practiced printing out my name for a name tag I need to make for guild meetings, and then I was good to go.


With those last stitches in the label it was an official finished object.
It actually fits on a queen with a slight overhang. If we ever lose power in a blizzard or late season hurricane (It was below 60 degrees in our bedroom when we were without power for nine days after superstorm Sandy) this is a quilt to add on to the bed.  Might actually work on a Full sized mattress and definitely wide enough for a twin.


I was on a roll, so I cranked out a label for En Provence. However, I only got as far as basting that today. The usual issue....

I also finished off a little sweater set for Bella's Babies using one of Kelly's quick patterns.


I even finished off a twiddlemuff that someone else had made but left undecorated in our workbin at the center where we crochet. Lots of opportunities for charity needlework coming up, so I am glad I have cleared a few projects.  With all the handstitching done on the binding, I can swing some free time over to La Passacaglia, which has been limping along in the slow lane lately.

Tomorrow I will work on my guild bom and prep some foundation squares for the charity string block effort after I clean up a bit in the quiltorium.  Getting all these things done made this a very happy day! Excuse the messy hair and lack of makeup, it was an at-home day for me.


Comments

  1. Congrats on the finish!! Your ORL looks fantastic! Plenty big enough for a topper on a queen bed :) And En Provence is mere hours from completion, too. You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Congratulations on an awesome finish! I like your labels. I have never been able to bring myself to label one...yes, crazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a backlog of finishes that need labels. But I hadn't fired up that old embroidery capability in years. I will try to print a few more so I can catch up with the samller quilts I finished in the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, I feel like I got my energy back up to a decent level. I turned the corner on mourning my mom after the holidays. 2017 was so rough for me, but it made me stronger, and hopefully wiser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!