Stitching up love

I started my blocks for the Texas Covered In Love block drive.  I have four done.  I am not thrilled with making them this large, but I have found a lot of long strings that will work.  I have four more in progress and will cut and press some more foundation squares. In my next batch I will try to exert less of a bias pull--I was aghast when I trimmed up the first one, but I was able to square it up and frim it from 11 to 10.5 wih no problem.

I am sprinkling in some older and less vibrant prints, then revving them up with brights. Also, I will make the center white spine of the blocks a little wider in the remaining ones.

In other news, I finished my ceiling tile project contribution yesterday at art class.  I am not 100% pleased with the stamens, but I think it will look ok from a distance. 




Comments

  1. Hi Joanne! I'm excited that you are sewing blocks. I was checking to make sure I sent you my address and realized you are a "no reply" blogger, so the email didn't go through. If you send me an email to CoveredinLoveTx@gmail.com I will get my address to you. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun fabrics in your string blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel alittle lost Kat, is there a setting I need to change on blogger, or am I just lax in responding? I sometimes go too many days without turning on my laptop since retiring, and I hate to use blogger from my phone.

    Louise, thanks! It's a real mashup of fabrics of all types.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!