Clearing the work queue

I managed to finish three small crochet projects this weekend for a donation handoff to Bella's Babies.  Thanks to the talented ladies of the local needlecraft group, we were able t turn over many hats, afghans and a few sweater sets. I did not get a photo of my stuff because I was in such a rush.  On the hook, I now have a  lap afghan for the local veteran's nursing home. Feels good to only have one project on the hook.

I also handed off two paintings to hang in a local art show at one of our town's branch libraries.

I am having fun with the rich colors of acrylics, but I am sill struggling with my weak drawing skills and unfamiliarity with how the paint flows and mixes.

Hit the local quilt store and found an irresistable kit:

Fused mosaic covered in tulle with minimal topstitching. 

I dug out my idaho square dance project and pieced a bit on that.



And I printed out the rest of what I need to finish this small rosette that I featured in the last post.

So now you are all caught up on my doings. What have you been up to?

Comments

  1. Sounds like we're both doing the same sorts of things...a little bit of this, a little bit of that :) That cat mosaic pattern is pretty darn cute! That one will be interesting to see how it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the approaching IRS deadline take some time out of my schedule this week. I'll be glad when that is over.

    I still feel like I need to focus across all these multiple hobbies....but then I decided I should start practicing the piano again. I keep trying to give my old brain a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of flitting from one project to another - and do that often. That cat mosaic would have been impossible to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the joys of retirement has been that glorious freedom of allowing myself to ask, "what do I really feel like doing today?" and aside from a rather modest list of gotta-do's, I am in complete control of my own time, for the first time in many years.

    Cathi, you seem to get a lot more done than I do, though!

    I started cutting 3/8" squares for the cat mosaic. I have a long way to go, maybe I will make progress and post about that tomorrow. Looks like we will be snowed in for most of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!