Dilution of Effort

I managed to make only 8 big string blocks and sent them off on the 1st.

I do love the funky bohemian vibe from anything goes string blocks, so I started making some 6" ones, which I find easier to wrangle because I can press each strip right at my sewing table with my small iron.

I feel kind of stressed though. Not worklike stress, but definitely a notch up from retirement mellow.  Right now, I have 3 crochet tasks in motion:

  1. A ruffle scarf for our year end bazaar-we are going to try to work on our inventory throughout the  year this time!
  2. A lap afghan for the VA nursing home
  3. Two fleece blankets that I am doing a quick crochet border on
I laid out this comfort quilt to fulfill a guild requirement. Thankfully, it ate up a lot of old FQs and shorter cuts.
I feel completely stalled on my large rosette for La Pass, and Linda keeps churning out new pattern sets to inklingo.

I also have a small winter themed redwork embroidery to work on, it was a gift and it would be nice to finish it this winter.

Then this caught my eye as well, when the quilt mags hit the mailbox yesterday. I shall refrain from starting. Let's hope that I can remember where I put the magazine when I have time to work on it a few months from now.



And I took on a small writing project this week.

So, I have to go public with a few reasonable goals or I will stay mired down.

1. Get the comfort quilt top at least pieced.
2. Finish the last row on the crochet ruffled scarf and the crochet edging on at least one fleece blanket by the end of the weekend.
3. Spend at least 15 minutes hand piecing this weekend and 15 minutes working on the redwork on Saturday and Sunday.

Do you think I can do it? Check back on Monday.......

Comments