I'm Back

I fell into a slump. A few weeks ago, it felt like we had turned the corner on winter, and we've had three noreasters since then. Thankfully, not deep snow like our friends in New England, but just enough very wet heavy snow to make it a chore. More snow on the way next week as well.

It seems the gloomy weather sapped my quilting mojo, and very little got done. But I feel like I am back in gear now.

Rosette finished today. Not pressed yet though!



I started my block for the guild 2018 raffle quilt too.  They got a whole kit for Jinny Beyer's Moonglow quilt, and I got a fairly complicated one to finish. I have one quadrant done and am determined to finish it this week. Partial paper piecing and set in seams. I wish I had done the whole block by hand. I think it would have been faster for me.

On other fronts, I have been doing more sketching than painting the past week or so. I feel I need to up my game on that to improve my painting. Our work is at the local library for the rest of the month, my first art show!  All in all, joining the activities at the local senior center has been a good thing for me. It gives a bit of structure to my week, and I have made new friends. Having been a consultant for so long, I did not have much of a social network when I retired. Even though I am basically an introvert, it's good to spend a few hours in pleasant company chatting and working on needlework or art.

I hope spring comes soon for all of us!

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back! That block is really cool, and of course your rosettes are always very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!