No rules string blocks

Dove in to my overflowing string bin. Tried a new method or two.

First i used dryer sheets with the thought that i could just leave them in. However the residual scent was annoying when I pressed the blocks.  I hate the depapering process so i decided to throw caution to the wind and go pedal to the metal and sew long strips without stabilizer.

First prototype:



I pressed and starched it. Then cut it. I got 1 6.5" square and two 3.5" squares. Plus two triangular sections that i can extend to make more 3.5 blocks.

I think there is more waste this way but I have  a lot of strings. I should probably stop saving them......



Comments

  1. They look good! There might be a bit more waste of the strings, but at least you're not wasting either paper or muslin :) I'm making string blocks right now, too, using batting squares as my foundation. That's also a compromise, since putting together the QAYG blocks later is kind of a pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!