The week is flying by

So much to do, but I am starting to catch up before the next wave hits. Got a small writing gig to tend to as well. I don't want to let go of all my clients and it's still easy money if I can make the deadlines work.

I finished a rosette on Sunday, it's about my favorite hot beverage:

I decided to make the filler/joiner pentagons consistent with the diamonds in the star ring of this one. Hope that works out ok. I'm definitely of the "my quilt=my rules" school on Willyne's magnificent pattern, rather than being too dogmatic about it.

Speaking of coffee, I have started occasionally brewing mine in a stovetop percolator rather than the Keurig. When this Keurig goes caput, I will not replace it. It is in it's somewhat cranky middle age. Loses siphon at times. A bit of trial and error involved to get the right amount of ground coffee and brew time, but I am also adding a pinch of salt as I saw my aunt do years ago, and I am getting a rich, smooth brew lately. Piping hot, strong and no bitterness. The grounds go out into the garden, and the stainless pot cleans up easily.

My latest watercolor had the whole art group light up, and this one is finally worthy of matting and framing. I feel like I am getting there.


We are wondering here in the NY area if summer will really come this year. Haven't had a long run of hot days yet. And that's fine by me. Wants we get those hot air inversions and air quality alerts, I become a total hermit in the AC. Hopefully that means more quilting time.

Well, I need to log a few hours on my freelancing now, but I will post when I get somewhere with my next rosette. It's printed but not cut yet, and I have to lay out my fussy cuts.

Comments