Great sadness

By Tuesday we knew it was time to ask the vet to put our Bonnie down. Not eating or drinking and every breath was a gasp. Yesterday was rough for us as we took her final trip to the vet and left with her  lifeless remains to bury on our hillside at home.  Will take a while to heal. Poor Clyde is a bit bewildered. 

I stitched a little on Tuesday to distract myself from the impending goodbye. 


And A few animal friends came by to try to cheer us. They have decimated my hostas but live and let live.


Farewell beloved babycat. My God restore you to wholeness of vision and health and grant that we may see you again when our own earthly lives end. 

Comments

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Bonnie. There is no love like what our furry companions give us, so pure. May your memories of the excellent life you gave her give you some comfort during this sad, sad time. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words. Yesterday was tough on Clyde....he had an upset tummy and was clearly depressed. Occasionally catching her scent and looking bewildered when he could not find her. We are giving him extra love and more playtime. He needs to slowly slim down. We also try to make sure someone is home with him at all times which is easy for us to do. Next week we will try to leave the house together for short periods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!