Happy Harbingers of Autumn

My favorite season is in the air. The temp is slightly cooler, the humidity slightly reduced and there are fewer mosquitos.  I took an opportunity to walk the woods for the first time in many months. It was great to be out before the sun turned up the heat.

I had not seen our friends, the tagged yearling deer on my property during breakfast, but we did run into them. Here is the young buck sporting his impressive first ever set of antlers. I don't know why they cross the street for my foliage with so much available closer to their home in the Nature Center.

The deer are starting to blow their gorgeous tawny summer coats in favor of their taupe/gray winter fur.

Yellow leaves are starting to fall.

And there is so much beauty above and below in these woods and meadows. I am so grateful to live here.



 We spotted another trio along the way.  Two more were hidden too deeply in the woods for a good photo.

My marigolds are among the few flowers these deer haven't eaten yet.


I have knocked off all but the last item on my to-do list for the week. I am stitching more. I am painting more.  Life is good this week. Hope you are all feeling similarly blessed!

Comments