Let's Change their Name to the Cat Days of Summer

That's Clyde's opinion. The weather this week has been way too hot and sticky, and the poor guy is still missing his friend.  Truthfully, the weather makes me feel a bit sluggish, like Clyde in this photo.
Photo was shot in the low light of early morning, hence it's grainy, but you can get the idea of the overall mood of the household right now.

Nevertheless, I managed to make some progress today on the next to the last biggie rosette.

The last big pink hexagons in the next ring need to be pieced with the star points from the outermost ring. I am trying to get a lot of contrast with the dark green and black print moved out toward the perimeter of this one, because the large rosette below it does not have as big a contrast in values or colors.

It's not quite cool enough to do much machine work and keep the iron on, but I started a smallish project that needs to get done for my brother's new home. I ordered a print of some artwork his grand daughter did and will make either a pillow or wallhanging out of it.

I can make good use of some of the coral pink yardage that I ordered for ringo lake last year.  The art class project was based on Monet's garden, I think,

I also ordered a print of this painting for a new tote bag or wallhanging for myself.



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!