New approach

This picture shows the new approach I am using to piecing the star bands on La Passacaglia.
See the disconnected sections on the lower right.

The tradoff is this:  Less continuous piecing around corners, so more knots-
But it gives me less fiddling with set in seams.

I feel like my artwork is coming along, but watercolor is a difficult medium. For now, I just copy watercolors I find online.  Controlling the flow of the paint is hard, and I struggle with getting good saturation most of the time.

This one required a second round to saturate the colors, and I might not be done with it yet.

Can you tell I have had enough of hot weather?
And I still feel like life gave me lemons the last few weeks as my little Bonniecat was dying, so instead of lemonade, I thought I would paint some.  One was two pointy, so I decided it will be a pear!  Learning to see into the colors of shadows....and decompose what I see into paint colors.  Anything to stretch the aging brain!
And I started the third of my pet cat portraits. This is my sons' first real pet (other than goldfish, a gerbil and a hamster). They named him Little Caesar on the ride home from the animal shelter. I love his little smile in this picture. He was not a lap cat, or one who liked to be held, but he showed us always how he loved the four of us and made us laugh with his antics. Bonny was a shoulder cat who loved to be held or sit on a lap and she had a very loud purr. Clyde needs lots of cuddles. He is a huge cat, since he was an intact Tom for six years til we adopted him. He has a squeaky kittenlike voice, and his purr is almost inaudible.

So I will hang these together as a tryptich of sorts. The poem on Caesar's picture can be found here. It's a great one to send to a friend who has lost a cat.



Comments