Return of Mojo

Well, like I said, the end of summer brings me renewed energy.  Today I tidied the messy walkin closet on the first floor, pitching out a to of old papers and sheet music left behind by son #2 who left the nest (again) two years ago.  He had been given tons of old keyboard music from his first mentor, and it was turning brown and crumbling.  I made my goodwill run, which was the last biggie on my list of to-dos for this week, We had an old folding table in there, with bins underneath and on top. I liberated that and have installed it in the sewing room, where my only work table was getting overcrowded with paraphernalia from the knitting machine adventures.

So now I have a clean cutting table (almost), and a fairly tidy work area.  I think I may actually put the borders on my Idaho Square Dance adventure which has been languishing in the drawer of forgotten projects since spring.

But first, I made a project that has stalled at three phases:

First, these little crazy squares were another quilters cast off. I embellished them with lace, rick rack, embroidery, buttons and tatted motifs that were part of my dabbling with tatting. And there they sat.

I decided to piece them into a denim bag, so I bordered them, and there they sat. And disappeared for a while.

Last week I cut the sides, bottoms and handles, and the lining pieces. And there they sat.  And today it's done. Finally.

Another messy pile off the work tables.

We have a tax on plastic shopping bags in my county, so you can never have too many bags in your car.  This is the perfect size for running into CVS or Walgreens.

I still have a pile of old denim pieces in the closet, so I need to make some bigger shopping totes as well. That's an adventure for another day.

Comments

  1. Cute little bag! I never think to make small ones to use for shopping, but that's a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!