Stitching the sadness away

We are starting to get over our sad days.

Remembering all the antics, cuddkes and love our little cat gave us.

Being thankful that she was part of our family.

And for me, stitching is a great distraction.

I am chugging along on my third big rosette.  The focus fabric is one i bought with this quilt in mind. The large rosette below it has a lot of pale colors in it so i want this to have some dark values and good saturation.

Will be starting the stars this evening. 

Have to thank Cathi for a great tutorial on handstitching. I had been putting my starting knots at the corners of each piece. This made it hard to circle the intersections with securing stitches in the way Linda Franz recommends. There is so much to learn that I rarely take it all in before getting started. I bet that was also in the original inklingo hand piecing instructions. 

Comments